Mindfulness isn’t just about meditation, it’s a toolkit that helps you deal with whatever life throws at you. If you’ve ever said any of the following, then it may be a toolkit that you are interested in having:
- I don’t know where the day went, I didn’t even notice it was sunny.
- I hate myself because I’m fat/thin/don’t look like a supermodel.
- I rush everywhere, I never seem to slow down, even when I’m eating.
- I feel anxious.
- I feel sad.
- I feel stressed.
- I feel depressed.
- I get angry quickly.
- I can’t stop thinking about…
- I don’t know how to cope with my/family member’s illness.
- I always take care of everyone else and not myself.
- How can I deal with this situation?
As a teacher with more than twenty years experience, a mother of two and daughter of a wonderful woman who was recently diagnosed with breast cancer, I have had many stresses and strains in my own life. I’ll admit to having said a number of the above statements, perhaps the most important one of all being: How can I deal with this situation?
Mindfulness came into my life at exactly the right moment and I have found it a great help in my own life, which is why I would like to share it with you. We can’t control what life throws at us, but we can learn how to minimise the stresses involved and to calm our minds and bodies.
My go-to mindfulness is a place to dip into, to find resources that you can use in your daily life. There will be long articles, short articles, reading resources, links and giveaways. I hope you enjoy it.