Take a moment to regain your strength – Mountain Pose
This yoga pose can help you to regain a sense of strength and stability – hence its name.
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart, with your arms by your sides, palms gently touching your thighs.
- Distribute your weight evenly on the balls of your feet and heels, pressing gently.
- Align your shoulders over your pelvis, your pelvis should be in neutral, not tilted forwards or backwards.
- Lift your chest and relax your shoulders and arms.
- Stand tall with your chin parallel to the floor, let your head rest on the top of your spine, imagine an invisible thread pulling you up from the crown of your head.
- Exhale fully.
- Inhale, breathing deeply into the lungs, feeling the sense of space in the chest area.
- Exhale and gently roll your shoulders, forwards and backwards, releasing tension.
- Continue inhaling and exhaling for 10 more breaths.